This 2 day course provides information, skills, techniques and confidence in using social and therapeutic horticulture to address rehabilitation, recovery, social inclusion, training and employment.
'The theoretical knowledge and practical experience I gained have inspired me to broaden my therapeutic approach in my clinical practice”
Practitioners - including volunteers and allied professionals
What you will learn:
- To understand and know how to apply the principles and practice of social and therapeutic horticulture to benefit people who have mental health support needs
- To gain an insight into the role of a horticultural therapist working with people who have mental health support needs
- To begin to design a client centred social and therapeutic horticulture programme
- To understand the importance of assessment, monitoring, evaluation, horticultural programming and planning for garden projects and for the individuals attending a garden project.
- Registration and coffee 9.30am
- 10am start – 4pm finish
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Is this course right for me?
We are here to ensure you book the right course for your needs. If you wish to discuss a course with us please call the Training and Education Team on 0118 988 5688 or email us.
Terms and conditions:
Please read our terms and conditions before booking a course.
Book online now:
Search the list below for the next available course.
Need to book multiple places or pay by invoice?
If you prefer to book a course by post, book more than one place or require an invoice download a copy of our booking form
Frequently Asked Questions
For any other questions about our courses, please read our FAQs or contact us on 0118 988 5688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.