Corporate Social Responsibility Days at Thrive
Leave the world of work for a rewarding and fun day in our gardens!
Thrive has been running its popular corporate volunteering days for years and the feedback we receive reflects just how enjoyable they are!
It is so rewarding and fulfilling to help play a part in making a positive difference to the lives of people living with disabilities or ill health. To find out more or book a day, please email Peter James or call on 0118 988 5688.
• Come and work outdoors in the fresh air in one of our beautiful gardens, whilst having fun!
• Your team learn how people with disabilities can achieve much more than they think by learning techniques and gaining confidence that enables them to live active, productive lives. This provides your team with the opportunity to reflect on how looking at things differently to solve problems can make a difference to what they can achieve.
• Whilst working with us, your team will be carrying out tasks that contribute to the work of a charity that helps a large number of people of all ages who have a wide range of disabilities - for example; young people with learning difficulties or behavioural problems, people who have had head injuries through accidents, older people who have had heart attacks or a stroke or suffer from dementia, people with mental ill health ….. the list is wide and long.
• As Thrive help people living with a wide range of disabilities it is probable that one of these will have touched the lives of members of your team personally, meaning they can relate strongly with the people we help and the great work we do.
Getting stuck in and making a difference at Thrive
• CSR days are a great way to show how your organisation plays a positive, responsible and active part in helping people within your local community
• A day at Thrive offers your employees an opportunity to discover how to work cooperatively in a different setting – it helps them build new relationships and understandings. And of course, the results can be shared publicly and can give you press coverage in local or trade media
• We make your day fun! You get stuck in to varied and practical outdoor seasonal tasks such as: digging, weeding, planting, strimming, mending fences, cutting back foliage, painting, watering or sorting out sheds
• No previous experience is required. The groups are supervised and full health and safety briefings are given. We make sure there are tasks for everyone - whether they would like to do 'tough’ stuff like clearing ponds or cleaning greenhouses, or more gentle work such as weeding or sorting pots
• The work our visiting groups carry out makes an enormous difference to Thrive. There are always regular maintenance tasks that are too complex or too time-consuming for our client gardeners to do, and from time to time we have major clearance or improvement projects.
|Watch a short film featuring Reading firm Pulsant |
Where we operate
We have three centres that regularly host CSR days: 1
. Battersea Park in London where we look after The Herb Garden, The Old English Garden, The Winter Garden and our Main Garden on East Carriage Drive. This is a beautiful park alongside the Thames. 2
. Trunkwell Gardens, Beech Hill, just south of Reading, set in a beautiful three acre Victorian walled garden with an orchard and allotment area.3.
King's Heath Park, Birmingham, right in the heart of this vibrant city. We also work in the former TV gardens within the park.
| Trunkwell Gardens, Berkshire || Battersea, London || Kings Heath, Birmingham |
| || || |
Covering our costsOf course the effort put in by our visiting groups is a gift in itself, we have to be realistic that holding these days costs us too. We appreciate that taking staff away from their normal job is a 'cost’ to your company but we also have to pay charity staff to prepare for and supervise these days to ensure that everything is carried out safely and your employees are well looked after. For this reason we make a charge. Further details can be provided upon request.
We have welcomed lots of groups from a wide range of organisations including Barclays, RBS, Virgin Media, Vodafone, BG Group, Waitrose, Symantec, Veritas, Skanska, Ecorys, Talk Talk, Brewin Dolphin, Visa, William Grant & Sons, Sage and Morgan Stanley.
We are always keen to build ongoing relationships – we have active partnerships with several organisations who have got to know us by coming for a day and enjoyed it so much that they have gone on to run regular fundraising activities and sponsored particular programmes. They have become part of the Thrive family!
What our corporate volunteers have said ...
| "Just to say thank you so much to Thrive from all of Qubit. We have loved working with you and have had the most wonderful time at our corporate days." |
Qubit, volunteered at Battersea
|"A huge thank you to yourself and the rest of the amazing Thrive team and volunteers at Kings Heath. |
"Everyone enjoyed what was a well run and organised day, leaving with a few aches and pains but also a sense of achievement!"
Aggregate Industries, volunteered at Birmingham
"It really is a wonderful thing that Thrive does - the team really enjoyed the day.
"I’m raving about Thrive at the moment. Again, thank you for having us, it was a great experience."
volunteered at Gateshead
| ||"I would just like to say what wonderful people we were able to work with last week. |
"There was a lovely feeling of genuine lighthearted warmth and compassion and it was an absolute pleasure to be with you all."
Visa, volunteered at Beech Hill
"It was indeed a great day spent. Our team enjoyed the experience and we are happy to have made a difference.
"We would like to thank all at Thrive for a lovely experience and thanks for the Tweets!"
Queen Mary University of London, volunteered at Battersea
"One of the best organised events for our team."
volunteered at Beech Hill