This 2 day course provides information and practical skills on how social and therapeutic horticulture can address rehabilitation, recovery, quality of life and help older people age well – covering a wide range of impairments such as dementia, sight loss and stroke.
'The course was full of knowledge and practical suggestions and I feel better equipped to meet the needs of our residents'
Practitioners - including volunteers and allied professionals
What you will learn:
- An understanding of how gardening can benefit older people with a diverse range of support needs
- An insight into how to work as a Horticulture Therapist with older people with a diverse range of support needs
- Understand the importance of assessment and how personal preference will greatly influence work with older people
- Explore how to create client centred programmes of STH.
- Registration and coffee 9.30am
- 10am start – 4pm finish
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Is this course right for me?
We are here to ensure you book the right course for your needs. If you wish to discuss a course with us please call the Training and Education Team on 0118 988 5688 or email us.
Terms and conditions:
Please read our terms and conditions before booking a course.
Book online now:
Search the list below for the next available course.
Need to book multiple places or pay by invoice?
If you prefer to book a course by post, book more than one place or require an invoice download a copy of our booking form
Frequently Asked Questions
For any other questions about our courses, please read our FAQs or contact us on 0118 988 5688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.