This 2 day course provides information, skills, techniques and confidence in using social and therapeutic horticulture to address healthy living, occupational deficiency and transition pathways for adults with learning disabilities.
'This course has helped me to develop our own horticultural therapy course on our farm!'
Practitioners - including volunteers and allied professionals
What you will learn:
- To describe the theory of social and therapeutic horticulture in relation to learning disability
- To demonstrate effective techniques and activities to engage those with a learning disability in horticulture and its related activities.
- To describe how to analyse gardens and activities for their compatibility for those with a learning disability
- To begin to design a client centred social and therapeutic horticulture programme
- To describe the importance of assessment and outcome measurement in social and therapeutic horticulture for good practice and sustainability
- Registration and coffee 9.30am
- 10am start – 4pm finish
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Is this course right for me?
We are here to ensure you book the right course for your needs. If you wish to discuss a course with us please call the Training and Education Team on 0118 988 5688 or email us.
Terms and conditions:
Please read our terms and conditions before booking a course.
Book online now:
Search the list below for the next available course.
Need to book multiple places or pay by invoice?
If you prefer to book a course by post, book more than one place or require an invoice download a copy of our booking form
Frequently Asked Questions
For any other questions about our courses, please read our FAQs or contact us on 0118 988 5688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.