A beginner’s guide in how to use gardening as a therapeutic activity. Thrive’s Step into Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (STH) workshops offer volunteers, people who are new to STH, and people who are thinking of a career change the opportunity to access an introductory course at a great price
'Totally inspiring course! I have had my general interest broadened and now very much want to acquire more knowledge and experience'
Beginners, career changers and volunteers
What you will learn:
- An insight into social and therapeutic horticulture and how gardening can be beneficial for peoples’ physical health and emotional well-being
- Experience the role of the therapist and gain an insight in how to work with individuals with a range of support needs
- Discover how to break gardening tasks down into component parts and make these tasks inclusive
- How to become involved in social and therapeutic horticulture and career pathways available.
- Registration and coffee 9.30am
- 10am start – 4pm finish
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- Refreshments only
Is this course right for me?
We are here to ensure you book the right course for your needs. If you wish to discuss a course with us please call the Training and Education Team on 0118 988 5688 or email us.
Terms and conditions:
Please read our terms and conditions before booking a course.
Book online now:
Search the list below for the next available course.
Need to book multiple places or pay by invoice?
If you prefer to book a course by post, book more than one place or require an invoice download a copy of our booking form
Frequently Asked Questions
For any other questions about our courses, please read our FAQs or contact us on 0118 988 5688 or email@example.com.