Drawing on our considerable experience of setting up our own projects, and assisting other organisations through our consultancy service, this course provides the practical knowledge, skills and insights required to start a new social and therapeutic horticultural project and to share the health benefits of therapeutic gardening directly with people who have been touched by disability.
'Helped guide and clarify my thinking'
'A great blueprint for getting started'
Anyone with an interest in the logistics, legislation and practical concerns associated with setting up a STH project.
What you will learn:
Registration and coffee 9.30am
10am start – 4pm finish
Included in fee:
- To describe the current state of social and therapeutic horticulture in the UK
- Explore routes to feasibility and sustainability
- Understand the legislation and guidance in social and therapeutic horticulture
- Explore potential sources of funding in social and therapeutic horticulture
- Discuss approaches to sharing your project with referrers and potential clients
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Is this course right for me?
We are here to ensure you book the right course for your needs. If you wish to discuss a course with us please call the Training and Education Team on 0118 988 5688 or email us.
Terms and conditions:
Please read our terms and conditions before booking a course.
Book online now:
Search the list below for the next available course.
Need to book multiple places or pay by invoice?
If you prefer to book a course by post, book more than one place or require an invoice download a copy of our booking form
Frequently Asked Questions
For any other questions about our courses, please read our FAQs or contact us on 0118 988 5688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.