This course provides information, skills and practical techniques that enable you to match horticultural activities to the national curriculum and develop an extracurricular therapeutic programme to meet the support needs of groups of children.
'Provided an excellent introduction to the theory and how STH programmes could be planned to support pupils within a school environment'
Teachers, teaching assistants and other school staff with an interest in using horticulture as a therapeutic intervention
What you will learn:
- The theory of using social and therapeutic horticulture with children
- To link the practice of horticultural therapy to the curriculum
- To gain support from, and communicate the value of horticultural therapy to, colleagues, parents and stakeholders
- To create schemes of work and session plans
- To use specific assessment models for social and therapeutic horticulture in schools
Included in fee:
- Registration and coffee 9.30am
- 10am start – 4pm finish
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Is this course right for me?
We are here to ensure you book the right course for your needs. If you wish to discuss a course with us please call the Training and Education Team on 0118 988 5688 or email us.
Terms and conditions:
Please read our terms and conditions before booking a course.
Book online now:
Search the list below for the next available course.
Need to book multiple places or pay by invoice?
If you prefer to book a course by post, book more than one place or require an invoice download a copy of our booking form
Frequently Asked Questions
For any other questions about our courses, please read our FAQs or contact us on 0118 988 5688 or email@example.com.
Due to the success of this year's course we will be running another course in March 2018.
We are seeking schools to partner with on this course, so, if you would be interested in holding a course at your school please contact one of the training team on 0118 988 5688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.