Site and Horticultural Assistant
Role title - Horticulture and Site Assistant
Reporting to - Site and Horticultural Manager
Based at - The Old Allotment Site, World’s End Garden Centre, Wendover, Bucks. HP22 6BD
Hours - Initially two days per week (16 hrs) with the intention of working towards three days (24 hrs).
Main purpose of the role
The position of Horticultural and Site Support Assistant serves to support the training and development of horticultural and conservation skills amongst the Lindengate volunteers and the management and implementation of daily, weekly and projects task to maintain and develop the gardens in support of Gardener (Service User) activities
1. Take the lead in training volunteers in basic horticultural practices as needed to fulfil activities
2. Take the lead in managing Site and Hort volunteers and liaising with Team Leaders
3. Support in the planning of a rolling quarterly horticultural and conservation programme
4. Occasionally share the management of the Saturday opening times currently 10am – 2pm
5. Keep records of all gift in kind donations
6. Keep records of the tree and shrub nursery
7. Keep up to date inventory of all tools and gardening materials and manage repairs,replacements and additions.
8. Support in ensuring the site is covered for all Health and Safety needs and in line with current legislation
9. Support in the implementation of all site based events
1. Minimum RHS Level 2 in Horticulture or equivalent
2. Experience of working with or training volunteers or community groups
3. Strong communication skills.
4. Demonstrate an understanding and empathy for mental health needs
5. Ideally experienced in managing wild spaces and able to demonstrate provable interests on conservation
6. Competency in Word and Excel
7. Good leadership skills, ability to be flexible,enthusiastic personality and able to motivate people
8. Pleasant and patient manner and ability to relate positively to many different kinds of people.
Support - Full induction and training where required for the role development, will be provided.
Security Checks - Employment is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Deadline for application - 2nd October
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01296 622443 Web: www.lindengate.org.uk
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Job Title: Therapeutic Garden Co-ordinator (male)
Lothlorien Therapeutic Community (Rokpa Trust)
Full time non-residential post (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £16,261 - £18,321 dependent on qualifications. Opportunity to undertake Diploma in Social and Horticultural Therapy whilst in post
Vacancy open until post is filled
Lothlorien is a Therapeutic Community for people with mental health difficulties situated in a quiet rural setting in South West Scotland. We are looking to recruit a full-time male Therapeutic Gardening Co-ordinator for a one year fixed-term contract. This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to work within a Therapeutic Community environment. We are looking for a creative individual who can inspire our residents to connect with gardening as a route to recovery and well-being.
We are looking to recruit a full-time Male Therapeutic Gardening Co-ordinator for a one year fixed-term contract. (This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1.)
The garden plays a central part in helping people connect with a sense of meaning and purpose in their recovery at Lothlorien Community.The person appointed will be coming into an organic vegetable garden with scope for innovation. We provide a structured gardening programme pitched at an appropriate level for people in recovery from mental health problems. This can have a very positive effect on mental well-being by having a grounding and healing effect, as well as providing people with the opportunity to develop their self-esteem, confidence and skills when working towards recovery. The therapeutic and relational aspects of the work are far more important than being goal or achievement orientated. Working with residents to foster a sense of participation, belonging, inclusion, mutual respect, and working at a pace and level with which they are comfortable is key.
Job Title: Relief Therapeutic Gardener (Sessional)
Lothlorien Therapeutic Community (Rokpa Trust)
Lothlorien is also looking to recruit two relief Therapeutic Gardeners. This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to work within a Therapeutic Community environment. We are looking for creative individuals who can inspire our residents to connect with gardening as a route to recovery and well-being.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please visit the website today and download the full job descriptions. CLICK HERE